Build a powerful kingdom and rule the lands with an iron grip.
Hearthlands is an indie simulation game made by Sergio & Simon. It is a medieval/fantasy city-building game in which you take a role of a king in a procedurally generated world. You can not control your subjects directly; instead you focus on city-building, resource management, diplomacy, heroes, magic and other things a typical king deals with on a daily basis. Sometimes it is interesting just to watch people scurry about minding their own business. All characters, from a hauler to a hero have their own minds and behavior patterns.
|Release Date: 28 April, 2017|
Developer: Sergio & Simon
Publisher: Sergio & Simon
Genre: Strategy, Simulation, Indie
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win XP
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 7 64
- Build a medieval city;
- Build an army and protect your city from monsters and invasions;
- Play the game the way you like it: experiment with sandbox settings or play a campaign mode;
- Trade and conduct diplomacy with neighbor realms, or go to war with them;
- Keep your people happy by providing them with necessary resources and services;
- Research technologies and cast spells;
- Gather resources, produce goods and build industries;
- Challenge yourself by going after one of the achievements.
- See reports and tune up your economy;
Hearthlands is pretty fun city builder, with deep supply chains, trading, monster raids, army building. You build a city, manage resource production / distribution, train a military and fight off monsters / other cities. Looks easy enough in screenshots but has a nice depth and lots of freedom in how you build your town. The gameplay is set up in a way such that new concepts are introduced at just the right pace: after you've produced enough food for your townspeople, they start asking for other luxuries like alcohol, furniture, and boots. As time goes on, AI-controlled opponents will start to interact with you. This gives you some options for trading, so you can get rid of excess resources in exchange for the resources you want. If you like classic RTS games like Settlers, Majesty or the Anno series, this is a very well-produced hybrid of those in progress.