Fear not, the dark, ashen one. A New World. One Last Journey.
The Ringed City DLC is the second and final DLC for Dark Souls 3 developed by FromSoftware and published by BANDAI NAMCO. Journey to the world’s end to search for the Ringed City and encounter new lands, new bosses, new enemies with new armor, magic and items. Longer than Ashes of Ariandel and provides a solid amount of content. Your journey to the legendary Ringed City actually begins in the Dreg Heap, a dreary, ash-covered ruin that resembles a tangled mass of old kingdoms, folding into themselves. The verticality of this strange place brings a terrifying scale to the opening moments of your journey. One of the first things you do upon your arrival is drop down a series of ledges, before later falling several stories straight into the stained glass window of a fallen church. New PvP arenas, weapons, armor sets, consumables, more reinforced rings and a lot more goodies. Experience the epic final chapter of a dark world that could only be created by the mind of Hidetaka Miyazaki.
Release Date: 28 Mar, 2017
Publisher: BANDAI NAMCO
DARK SOULS 3 – The Ringed City (DLC)
This content requires the base game DARK SOULS™ III on Steam in order to play.
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 10
- It is quite longer than the last DLC, to a good degree.
- Enemy AI aren’t dumb, and can’t be cheesed. They’re all tough.
- Has multiple environments to look at and explore, more than the last DLC.
- Certain enemies can’t be dealt with force, must be creative in taking down.
- Heavy on lore and clears up a lot of questions for us lore fans.
- Easter eggs and call backs are clearly present here.
- Most of the boss fights are really good, and unique without feeling dull.
- Plenty of enemy types to not get old fast.
- Plenty of weapons and armors to pick up, some nostalgic too.
- Has ties with the vanilla and DLC, feeling like your work built something up.
- Challenging and will test you on how good you are.
DARK SOULS 3 – The Ringed City (DLC) Trailer
DARK SOULS 3 – The Ringed City (DLC) Review
Dark Souls 3: The Ringed City has found a way to revisit the past without a cheap reliance on nostalgia, wrapping up the story of Dark Souls in a way that will be satisfying for fans who enjoy digging into the rich lore the series has been building for the last few years. Two locations and four bosses doesn't sound like a whole bunch but don't be fooled - The Ringed City easily clocks in at four to five hours depending on how you fare with the bosses and other challenges. The Ringed City allows the Dark Souls series to end in a bang. Unlike Ashes of Ariandel, this DLC is more in line with The Old Hunters from Bloodborne and Artorias of the Abyss from the original Dark Souls. Everything you can ask for from a souls caliber DLC is here, from armor sets, bosses, map exploration, enemies, soundtrack, lore, NPC's and a meaningful ending, it is all here. This is a perfect piece of DLC to round off a great game and a once-in-a-lifetime franchise. I could not be happier with how everything falls into place at the end of the world, and I would highly recommend the trip to any on the fence about taking it.