Create gridless and organically sprawling cities that grow like actual medieval cities.
Foundation is an indie simulation strategy game made and published by Polymorph Games. In this medieval city-builder/economy game, players must create a prosperous settlement as the newly appointed lord of a region untouched by man. With medieval architecture and urbanism at the forefront of its design, Foundation’s vision is to allow players to recreate cities of that period as they envision them or even as they really were. Setting to redefine the city-builder genre, Foundation puts the emphasis on the organic aspects of urbanism in the cities of old, powered by Polymorph Games’ proprietary game engine, Hurricane, which allows for full mod support and is optimized for the thousands of moving parts that come with building humongous cities.
|Release Date: 1 Feb, 2019|
Developer: Polymorph Games
Publisher: Polymorph Games
Genre: Indie, Simulation, Strategy
Steam Download – Foundation
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win 7
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 10
- ORGANIC URBANISM OF THE MEDIEVAL ERA: Create gridless and organically sprawling cities that grow like actual medieval cities.
- FULL MODDING SUPPORT FOR THE COMMUNITY: Share characters, buildings, quests, and even real topographies through our mod-support tool and be part of the Foundation community.
- LAY THE FOUNDATION, THRIVE, AND PROSPER: Weave a complex web of interactions between inhabitants needs and skills, resource availability, extraction, and goods production.
- POWERED BY OUR OWN HURRICANE GAME ENGINE: Experience a city-building game engineered with a dedicated, tailor-made, in-house engine built with our unique vision in mind.
- UNIQUE MONUMENT CREATION TOOL: Craft and design original free-form monuments like Abbeys, Churches, Lord Manors, Castles and more, with our proprietary node-based tool.
- ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK BY PARADOX VETERANS: Immerse yourself in our blissful soundtrack by talented composers who worked on titles such as Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV!
Foundation is medieval city building simulation with a heavy focus on organic development, monument construction and resource management. Your aim is to develop a burgeoning medieval town state much like early Settlers games. You start off with basic production buildings then progress through more complex buildings which are built modular style such as your churches and monasteries and manors. The game features in-depth resource management akin to the Anno (Dawn of Discovery) series, expertly mixed with city building elements from Settlers, SimCity, and Pharaoh all topped with narrative encounters inspired by Crusader Kings II to create the ultimate medieval ant-farm simulation. Among other things, the engine provides the player with robust building tools, to create countless unique monuments that will seamlessly integrate into your settlement. I love the grid-less nature of building a city, you can never really predict how your serfs will build their little houses. Foundation has been a very awesome game to play out and try over the course of it's development, typically city builders are a hit or miss for me.. This one was a MASSIVE hit and I really have enjoyed playing it so far.