Explore, Exploit, Exterminate, SURVIVE!
Massive Damage, Inc’s Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander is a retro sci-fi strategy RPG with a unique blend of base building, exploration and deep tactical JRPG style combat system with capital starships and their idiosyncratic officers, all captured in stunningly beautiful modernized pixel graphics. On the edge of Terran space lies Halcyon 6, a derelict starbase left behind by a mysterious precursor race. Your mission is to reclaim the derelict station and rebuild it. A mysterious alien force is making a beeline towards Earth and this starbase is the best chance for the New Terran Federation to establish new alliances, research new technologies and otherwise figure out a way to stop the impending invasion. There are 6 alien factions in Halcyon 6 and they are all quite different with varying objectives and personalities. Only your wit and your crew’s skills will help you navigate the diplomatic waters to gain them as key allies or valuable trading partners. Each crew member has unlimited potential for acquiring unique behaviours, traits and abilities, for better or for worse. Making the best use of your dysfunctional crew will be one of the keys to success. Who should be your main Science Officer? The insomniac that works insane hours but has an addictive personality or the agoraphobic mad genius? Each playthrough has players dealing with a new randomly generated derelict station, surrounding galaxy, crew recruits, and alien factions. Using only the resources you can salvage from the derelict station and gathered from nearby star systems, it’s up to you to rebuild the starbase to lead the Terran Republic’s scientific research, exploration and diplomatic efforts on the edge of known space.
Relase date: 9 September, 2016
Developer: Massive Damage, Inc.
Publisher: Massive Damage, Inc.
Genre: Indie, Simulation, Strategy
Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander
OS: Win XP 64
OS: Win 10 64
- Exploration: assign your fleets to nearby star clusters, where they can handle emerging enemy threats, do missions for alien factions or secure bonus resources
- Base Building: spend resources to build station facilities (rooms) to enhance your production and technological capabilities, or build ships to help you control more territory
- Crew Management: assign crew to station facilities to greatly improve their output efficiency, or to ships where they can contribute in unique ways to combat, missions and events
- Story Events: based on game criteria like rooms-built, alien diplomacy scores or officer traits/skills, the game will produce story events (often with multiple choice outcomes) that can lead to combat, time-related applied bonuses/negatives, officer attribute changes or any number of crazy in-game stories.
- Deep Tactical Combat: fight tactical ship or ground battles to resolve hostile events, create a foothold in the sector and ultimately defeat the enemy mothership!
Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander Trailer
Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander Reviews:
Halcyon 6 is a passion project who’s design is inspired by our years spent playing classic games like Star Control, Master of Orion, X-COM, Civilization and new classics like FTL. If you like either of those games I would recommend getting this one. Halcyon 6’s gameplay consists of several different elements which come together to create one game. The combat system is standard RPG turn-based but with its own twist involving comboing debuffs together. Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander is an excellent, well designed, space strategy game with great gameplay, a good amount of content (with more to come) and an interesting story. If you’re a fan of strategy games you’ll definitely like this.