Planescape: Torment has been rebuilt in high definition with tons of new convenience features.
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is a role-playing video game made by Beamdog. The original Planescape: Torment was released in 1999 to widespread critical acclaim. It won RPG of the Year from multiple outlets for its unconventional story, characters, and amazing soundtrack. Planescape: Torment is primarily story-driven and combat is not prominently featured. The protagonist, known as The Nameless One, is an immortal who has lived many lives but has forgotten all about them, even forgetting his own name. The game focuses on his journey through the city of Sigil and other planes to reclaim his memories of these previous lives. Several characters in the game may join The Nameless One on his journey, and most of these characters have encountered him in the past or have been influenced by his actions in some way. Discover an incredibly rich story and a unique setting unlike anything else in fantasy. Defeat strange and alien creatures, engage in rich dialogue, and explore the dark and dangerous Planescape setting in this 50+ hour RPG classic. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is available on Windows, macOS, Linux, and is available for the first time ever on iOS and Android.
Release Date: 11 April, 2017
Genre: Adventure, RPG
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition
OS: Win XP
OS: Win 10
- Enhanced Planescape: Chris Avellone, Lead Designer on Planescape Torment, has partnered with Beamdog to curate gameplay updates, bug fixes, and enhancements to best capture his original vision for the game.
- 4K Interface: Sigil has never looked this good! The interface of Planescape: Torment has been rebuilt in high definition with tons of new convenience features.
- The Planes Await: Planescape is a setting you’ve never experienced before, filled with strange magics, strange adversaries, and Dungeons & Dragons locations from across the multiverse.
- A Planescape For Today: The Enhanced Edition includes modern features such as tab highlighting, area zooming, combat log, quickloot, and more!
- Conversations to Remember: Encounter personable items, philosophic undead, and rat hiveminds while walking the planes with the strangest collection of allies ever seen in an RPG.
- Play It Your Way: Enable Enhanced Edition features as you desire or turn them off to experience Planescape: Torment in its original glory.
- Pick Your Path: Character creation is just the beginning. The Nameless One can change his class, alignment, and even gain new abilities based on your choices.
- Cast Comprehend Languages: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is available in English, French, Polish, German, and Korean. Note: Korean translations are text only with voice-overs played in English.
- Remastered Music: The full Planescape: Torment soundtrack has been remastered in-game to add more depth to Sigil and the multiverse.
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Trailer
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Review
Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition is just like the original, which means we're dealing with a masterpiece. If you have played the original, it's pretty much exactly the same with some user interface upgrades. If you haven't, it's the best plot and dialogue in video games. You are the Nameless One, a hulking figure covered in scars and tattoos collected over the course of countless lives—none of which you can remember, but are now coming back to haunt you. A new interface rebuilt for 4K, better compatibility with modern hardware, no loading times between areas, a remastered musical score, and great Enhanced Edition features like quickloot, zooming, floating combat log, widescreen support, and more. And, of course, less hassle because you don't need to mod your game to get it running properly. Planescape: Torment is a wonderful game, and its Enhanced Edition is a splendid, unobtrusive, beautifying update.