Poi is an ode to classic platformers of the past.
Poi is a 3d platformer made by PolyKid. Explore uncharted lands, compete in challenge levels, meet quirky characters and defeat comical creatures on a journey to become a Master Explorer. Two kids on a grand adventure to unravel the mysteries of the Milky Way Globe. Cross Mario64 with the aesthetics of Zelda Wind Waker, would end up with something very close to resembling Poi. Game is currently available for Windows, Mac & Linux on Steam, but developers would love to bring the game to consoles with enough community support.
|Release Date: 1 February, 2017|
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win 7
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 7 64
- Challenge: Set the fastest times in global online leaderboards.
- Adventure: Explore the world in search of 100+ Explorer Medallions.
- Mastery: Learn to pull off wall jumps, triple jumps, rolling long jumps and more.
- Controller Support: Plug & play support for dozens of devices.
- Original Soundtrack: Listen to original compositions from composer Lyndon Holland.
Poi is a beautiful love letter to the 3D adventure genre as a whole, with special loving given to the big names, like Super Mario 64 or the Spyro series. Basically you run around, jump on platforms and enemies, collect coins and medallions, do some simple quests etc. - pretty much everything that is needed for the average kid to have some fun in front of the TV. Everything from the jaunty opening music to the clever cartoon style to the endless array of secrets to find to the perfect mix of casual-friendly game design crossed with fiendish speedrunning pitfalls is pretty much perfect. Great game, very colorful and a bit challenging. Highly recommended for the classic 3D platform lover.