As Morgan Yu, set out to unravel the clues you’ve left behind for yourself, and discover the truth about your past.
Prey is a first-person action-adventure video game developed by Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. You are the key subject of an experiment meant to alter humanity forever – but things have gone terribly wrong. The space station has been overrun by hostile aliens and you are now being hunted. The player takes the role of Morgan Yu, a human aboard a space station with numerous species of hostile aliens known collectively as the Typhon. To survive, the player controls Morgan to collect and use weapons and resources aboard the station to fend off and defeat the aliens. The player will be able to select certain attributes of Morgan, including gender, and decisions made by the player that will affect elements of the game’s story. The fate of the Talos I and everyone aboard is in your hands. Arkane’s Prey is a re-imagining of the original 2006 Prey developed by Human Head Studios.
Release Date: 5 May, 2017
Developer: Arkane Studios
Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
Genre: Action, Adventure, Shooting
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 7 64
- Sci-fi Thriller. Nothing is as it seems aboard Talos I. As Morgan Yu, set out to unravel the clues you’ve left behind for yourself, and discover the truth about your past. What role will you play in TranStar’s plans, and the mysterious threat ravaging the station?
- Challenge. Customize your gameplay options and difficulty settings for an even more tailored adventure. You can make the experience more challenging (or easier) by changing a myriad of parameters related to stealth, movement and combat.
- Singular Setting. Orbiting the Moon, the Talos I space station symbolizes the height of private space enterprise. Explore a lavish craft designed to reflect corporate luxury of the 1960s, and navigate interconnected, non-linear pathways built to hide countless secrets.
- Play Your Way. Gain alien abilities to develop a distinct combination of powers and upgrade your unique skills. Craft increasingly useful items with the blueprints, gadgets and tools on board the station to overcome dangerous obstacles in your way. Survive unprecedented threats with your wits and ability to improvise.
- Unimaginable Threat. The shadowy extraterrestrial presence infesting Talos I is a living ecology bent on annihilating its prey. It’s up to you, one of the last remaining survivors aboard the station, to end the deadly attack of these haunting predators.
Prey is the perfect blend of thrilling action and thought provoking story. The plot is really, really intriguing and the voice acting really sells it. You play the role of Morgan Yu, an amnesiac scientist who wakes up with no knowledge the situation he's in--the perfect entry point for any player. Much like Morgan, you'll quickly acclimatize yourself to the terror of Talos-1. There are tons of things to do. The huge amount of content even feels overwhelming at some point but you get used to it. The story really manages to absorb the player in. The atmosphere is absolutely spot on and on harder difficulties especially nightmare you'll literally have to fight for your life. The exploration/discovery is fantastic, the game is very complex and deep in terms of world building and gameplay, in fact it's more complex in a way than most AAA games out there today. But what is more important though is that the game is full of very smart and intelligent gameplay design ideas. It's more than obvious that the devs well thought out every little gameplay aspect and tweaked them to achieve perfection. Mick Gordon has once again outdone himself on the soundtrack, which feels like it's found inspiration from System Shock 2 and Deus Ex. The game itself is very engaging. It's really good and the PC version is solid, definitely worth picking up if you're into stuff like Bioshock, Half Life, Alien Isolation, Dishonored and so on...