Old-school arena shooter recreated in a gleaming modern game engine.
Reflex Arena is a 3D arena shooting game made by Turbo Pixel Studios, a small independent development team in Australia formed by industry veterans with decades of game development experience. In the 21st century, first-person shooters abandoned the brutal purity of Quake III Arena and Unreal Tournament, but indie studio Turbo Pixel decided it was time for a comeback. There are no chest-high walls to take cover behind here, and no profound insights into the horrors of war—Reflex Arena is nothing but fast, competitive, first-person fun. Reflex Arena recreates the lightning-fast twitch gameplay of the golden age of first-person arena shooters. It’s the best of both worlds: the speed and precision of a classic 1990s shooter, reborn inside a bleeding-edge 3D engine custom-built for the latest gaming hardware. If you spent your youth gibbing your friends in Quake III Arena or Unreal Tournament, then Reflex Arena is what you’ve been missing.
|Release Date: 4 November, 2014|
Developer: Turbo Pixel Studios
Publisher: Turbo Pixel Studios
Genre: Indie, Action, Shooting
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win 7
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 7 64
- Old-school arena shooter recreated in a gleaming modern game engine, welding 1990s twitch gameplay with all the benefits of modern technology.
- Build a custom map right inside the game, solo or multiplayer, then instantly test it in-game and upload it to the cloud for other players to check out.
- Smart matchmaking, support for group play, statistics tracking, championship ladders and everything else you need for competitive and social online multiplayer.
- Customize your UI to show you the information you need the most using simple-to-learn Lua scripts, then share your custom UI with other players.
- Personal servers and full LAN support so you and your friends can play the way you want to without lag slowing you down.
- Full Steam Workshop integration means you can easily browse and download community-created content.
- Classic gameplay modes including free-for-all and team deathmatch, capture the flag and tense one-on-one and two-on-two duels, plus mutators like big head, arena, and instagib.
- In-game replay editor with a full suite of features allows players to relive their glories and disappointments and taunt their defeated opponents with highlight reels and frag films
- Random item drops let you personalize your character with hundreds of cosmetic upgrades, or trade them with other players using Steam Inventory.
Reflex Arena Trailer
Reflex Arena Review
Reflex Arena is an old-school arena shooter that updates the dizzying speed and demanding precision of a classic arena FPS with the power of modern gaming technology. This is easily one of the best competitive FPS games to come out in recent time. Pure no-nonsense gameplay: it's all about stacking up, racking up some guns and shooting your enemies to death. Also there's the movement system which is similar to Q3 CPMA - very fast paced, fairly easy to grasp, definitely hard to master. If you've never really played an arena shooter before, the game could feel a bit unfair at 1st, you'll keep dying while others zoom past you and grab all the good pickups, but once you figure out the movement and get used to the weapons, i can almost guarantee you that you'll have a blast playing this. If you're intimidated, grab a friend and play together! Anyone can have fun with a player close to their skill level. The bots are a little dumb still, but great for learning the ropes. It's simply one of the best Quake-like arena shooters out there. So if you like Quake, this game is a must.