Serious Sam is back! And this time it’s Real.
Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope is a virtual reality shooter developed by Croteam and published by Devolver Digital. The game features two full planets, Earth and Pladeon, with eight different locations and two epic final boss fights. Step into the shoes of the Earth Defense Force’s greatest hero in this unique VR simulation based on Sam Stone’s own log files from his time as captain of the Battlecruiser Saratoga. It’s another VR wave shooter, but with Serious Sam’s over-the-top action amplified by waving two motion controllers as cartoon guns. Earth’s defense forces are crumbling under the hordes of the vicious Mental. Things are about to get serious! It is the period of the first Mental War. Load your weapons and get ready to hold your ground.
Release Date: 17 October, 2016
Developer: Croteam VR
Publisher: Devolver Digital
Genre: Action, Shooting, Virtual Reality, Indie
Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope
OS: Win XP
OS: Win 10 64
- Tons of enemies – Hordes of attacking enemies have always been a trademark of the Serious Sam series, and Serious Sam: The Last Hope continues to deliver countless terrors in just one scene, harnessing the serious power of the Serious Engine 4.5.
- Dick’s back, too! – Featuring the voice of Serious Sam, John. J. Dick, dropping one-liners as you drop enemies.
- Tons of guns – Dual-wield miniguns, tommy guns, heavy lasers, shotguns, and an assortment of other guns. Oh, and chainsaws, too! More then 10 different weapons, including the rocket launcher, will be available from the beginning of Early Access, and Sam’s lethal armory will be regularly expanded in future updates.
- Cry for Mummy – Defeat Mental’s most powerful servants, starting with the Unholy Space Mummy of Gamma Pegasi, a huge, terrifying, undead monstrosity brought to life with dark magic – as dangerous as it is smelly! And that’s just the first boss.
- Planet-hopping action – Battle across treacherous Egyptian sands, in the pitch-dark under ancient ruins, and on the surface of Pladeon, the long-abandoned heart of a great industrial civilization. Early Access starts with two planets, each with four different locations, while more of Sam’s adventures across the galaxy will become available in future updates.
- Hyper-immersive realism – Graphics so good that if you die in the simulation, you die in the real world!*
Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope Trailer
Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope Review:
The Serious Sam franchise is a game series about action, gore, and over-the-top good times. Have you ever wanted to fight Mental's alien hordes with your own two hands? Well, now you can! A fearless EDF captain, Sam ‘Serious’ Stone, is leading the resistance from the battlecruiser ‘BC Saratoga’ in a desperate attempt to save the galaxy. Battle across treacherous Egyptian sands, in the pitch-dark under ancient ruins, and on the surface of Pladeon, the long-abandoned heart of a great industrial civilization. Saving the universe can be a daunting and tedious task, but here’s Sam to save the day; it’s more fun when he does it, the way he does it. It’s (mostly) by shooting aliens in the face.