A clock-watching narrative thriller with multiple outcomes.
The Occupation is an indie adventure game made by White Paper Games and published by Humble Bundle. Your role is to uncover evidence as a journalist by sneaking through restricted areas and questioning people on their actions through a series of one-on-one interviews. All this takes place in a detailed, systems-driven world where people will react to your actions and where time is your biggest enemy. Whether you chose to break into a office through the window, find an ID card or pull the power to the room, developers designed the world to accommodate your choice, approach and need to interact with objects you may or may not need for your research.
Release Date: March 5th, 2019
Developer: White Paper Games
Publisher: Humble Bundle
Genre: Adventure, Indie
Steam Download – The Occupation
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 10
- A clock-watching narrative thriller with multiple outcomes
- Rich world building based on British architecture with mature themes giving you a great sense of the people who lived, worked and lost their lives here
- Politically driven themes highlighting the shades of grey people believe to be hard facts
- Evidence gathering by any means necessary
- Events that happen in real-time, forcing you to choose between the careful and methodical vs the direct and disruptive approach
The Occupation Trailer
The Occupation Review
The Occupation is a fixed-time, investigative thriller set in North West England on Saturday 24th October, 1987. You are tasked with investigating and questioning people on their actions from a tumultuous night which resulted in the loss of many lives. Each person has a different account of the night's event and you must use the tools at your disposal to get the results you need for your investigation. Every minute in the game is a real-world minute and The Occupation is played over a fixed time length so make sure your actions count. Your watch can be used to set alarms and timers to help keep track of important objectives such as time delayed safes so you don’t have to hang around whilst security is searching for you somewhere you shouldn't be. For those that like the idea of trespassing, breaking into secure locations and hacking 4 digit codes, there are plenty of rule breaking opportunities to take advantage of in the world of The Occupation.