The classic multiplayer roguelike returns with an extra dimension and more challenging action.
Risk of Rain 2 is a 3D multiplayer shooting game made by Hopoo Games and published by Gearbox Publishing. Play four player co-op seamlessly through Steam — no more port forwarding and unlock over 75 items over time, keeping each run fresh and full of new challenges. Myriad survivors, items, enemies, and bosses return to Risk 2, and many new ones are joining the fight. Brand new survivors like the Artificer and MUL-T debut alongside classic survivors such as the Engineer, Huntress, and–of course–the Commando. With over 75 items to unlock and exploit, each run will keep you cleverly strategizing your way out of sticky situations.
|Release Date: 28 Mar, 2019|
Developer: Hopoo Games
Publisher: Gearbox Publishing
Genre: Action, Indie, Shooting
Risk of Rain 2
Steam Download – Risk of Rain 2
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win 7
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 10
- Play four player co-op seamlessly through Steam — no more port forwarding
- Encounter challenging monsters and enormous bosses
- Unlock over 75 items over time, keeping each run fresh and full of new challenges
- Explore massive, handcrafted 3D levels
- Play and unlock new and returning survivors, each with their own abilities to master
- Discover lore through the collection of Monster, Item, and Environment Logs
- Theorycraft and exploit endless item and character combos
- Challenge your friends—and the world—in all-new Prismatic Trials, a unique seeded run where everyone can race up a global leaderboard
Risk of Rain 2 Trailer
Risk of Rain 2 Review
The classic multiplayer roguelike, Risk of Rain, returns with an extra dimension and more challenging action. No run will ever be the same with randomized stages, enemies, bosses, and items. It only takes one minute after booting up the game for the first time, to tell that it feels amazing. Controls are snappy, aiming is spot-on, getting loot is satisfying. Which is super diverse and interesting, opening up possibilities for great synergies. Just like in the first game! Play solo, or team up with up to four friends to fight your way through hordes of monsters, unlock new loot, and find a way to escape the planet. Gunplay feels slick, snappy, and the abilities complement one another, making for a perfect formula for mayhem. Using terrain adds another layer of dimension to combating enemies. Discovering new items and experimenting with them is extremely fun. And using them on enemies is even better. Risk of Rain 2 dangerously skirts "must own" even on day one of early access. A very, very good sequel that ups the ante of its parent in every single way. If this is the Early Access version of the game and there is a load of content yet to come, this has the potential to be a gigantic hit.