Face off against your opponents in complex 2D turn-based tactical battles.
Stars in Shadow is a turn-based 4X science fiction strategy game. Created by a pair of passionate strategy gamers, Stars in Shadow features streamlined empire management, sophisticated turn-based tactical combat, and detailed world building. Explore the stars, settle distant worlds, and build an interstellar empire. Recover ancient technologies and negotiate with alien leaders. Discover the science of planetary terraforming, upgrade your infantry battalions to battle mechs, and grow your fleet from a squadron of destroyers to an armada of planet-destroying Dread Stars. Interact with a unique cast of alien characters, make friends and influence people, or crush your enemies and see them driven before you. Forming alliances, conquering neighboring species, or discovering ancient artifacts may open up additional avenues of research.
|Release Date: 19 January, 2017|
Developer: Ashdar Games
Publisher: Iceberg Interactive
Genre: Strategy, Indie
Stars in Shadow
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win 7
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 7 64
- Epic Scope. Starting at the dawn of interstellar travel, progress through four eras of technological advancement.
- Varied Factions. Playable factions comprising six alien races. Each faction has different research strengths and technology options.
- Stylized Setting. A distinctive comic-book art style and an original, detailed universe backstory draw you into an immersive game world.
- Focused High-Level Strategy. Build a vast and varied empire, taking advantage of the unique traits offered by different alien populations and the worlds they inhabit.
- Deep Turn-Based Tactical Combat. Face off against your opponents in complex 2D turn-based tactical battles.
Stars in Shadow Trailer
Stars in Shadow Review:
Stars in Shadow started as a one-man project; Sven Olsen’s attempt to realize a long-held dream. The game puts you in command of one of seven distinct spacefaring civilizations. Explore the galaxy, rediscover and colonize distant worlds, and build an interstellar empire. Most importantly ship customization and tactical combat feel both very good. Ship design is similar to "Sword of the Stars" which took a slot based approach. You can drag and drop your available components and weapon turrets or fixed weapons into specific slots. Stars in Shadow is easy to learn, fun to play, full of great tactical warfare, and has just enough micro to allow for customization and meaningful choices. A deal of clever game mechanics and ideas were utilized as compared to other space strategy games. Visually the game is a combination of traditional very beautiful hand drawn 2D art, stylized but mature enough,and 3D effects like shaders, lighting etc. resulting overall in good mood and atmosphere. If your not a fan of the 3D combat of other 4X games and want the old school tech tree & feel of MMO II battles this game is for you.