Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. A fast-paced strategy card game for everyone.
Hearthstone is a free-to-play online collectible card video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment. Start a free game on Battle.net and play your cards to sling spells, summon creatures, and command the heroes of Warcraft in duels of epic strategy. The game is a turn-based card game between two opponents, using constructed decks of thirty cards along with a selected hero with a unique power. Players use mana points to cast spells or summon minions to attack the opponent, with the goal to reduce the opponent’s health to zero. Winning matches can earn in-game gold, rewards in the form of new cards, and other in-game prizes. Challenge players of all skill levels on Battle.net or hone your skills in practice matches against some of the greatest strategists of Azeroth – Thrall, Uther, Gul’dan, and more! Sheathe your sword, draw your deck, and get ready for Hearthstone!
|Relase date: March 11, 2014|
Developer: Blizzard Entertainment
Genre: Strategy card game
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win XP 32
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 7 64
- Play mode allows players to match up against human opponents of similar skill. Players can choose to play casual ‘friendly’ games, or take part in the ranked play system, earning ranks to reflect their skill and standing within the community. Ranked play features two separate tiers: 25-1, and Legend. Winning a match earns stars, which are required to proceed to the next rank.
- Solo Adventures are single-player modes against computer-controlled opponents that are either Practice matches or Adventures. In Practice mode, players can learn the basics of the game against easier opponents that only use basic cards in their decks, or more difficult (‘expert’) opponents that use a larger pool of cards. Players can also choose which class to play against. In Adventure mode, the player attempts to defeat bosses in order to unlock new cards.
- Arena mode costs gold (150g) or real money to play, and allows the player to draft a deck of 30 cards by choosing between three random cards at a time. Players use their drafted deck to compete in a series of games against other arena players. Each arena run lasts until the player has reached three losses or twelve wins, at which point they are granted a number of rewards determined by the total number of games won. While constructed decks have limits on the number of copies of the same card in a single deck (two), arena decks have no such limits.
- Tavern Brawl mode features one-on-one action against (or sometimes in cooperation with) another player. These matches force the players to deal with a set of specific guidelines, which change on a weekly basis. Playing matches in this mode counts towards quest completion and is restricted to players that have at least one level 20 hero character. The reward for winning the weekly Brawl is one Classic pack.
- Duels, also referred to as ‘Friendly Play’ and ‘Friendly Challenge’, allow players to challenge friends on their Battle.net friends list in unranked matches. Duels offer no rewards.
- Additionally, the game features a tutorial that is a limited starting experience designed to introduce players to Hearthstone, in which the player is matched against a series of computer-controlled opponents that includes substantial dialogue elements. The tutorial may be played only once by an account in each of the Battle.net regions.
Hearthstone Official Trailer
Hearthstone is a wonderful game. Nostalgic, simple and best of all: fun. A beautifully designed, as gratifying and addictive as anything Blizzard has ever done. Atmosphere, speed and great sound effects make for fast yet satisfying games, where luck and tactics go hand in hand. This is the best online collectible card game you can play.