Explore, expand, exploit and exterminate in this real-time space strategy game.
Dawn of Andromeda is an indie strategy game developed by Grey Wolf Entertainment and published by Iceberg Interactive. Explore a galaxy filled with diverse factions, outlaws, merchants, pirate clans and mercenaries but also anomalies, black holes, ancient artifacts, ruins and much more. Andromeda has seen quieter days, and it’s up to you to take the reins of one of many civilizations, and guide it through the many hidden dangers in the galaxy. Arriving in a new system may provide new opportunities, or open a new can of worms. You may even find artifacts you can study, projects you can start and come across interesting events and quests you can take on. Build your empire, colonize new planets, interact with other factions and characters, research new technologies and build fleets so powerful, your enemies will tremble.
|Release Date: 4 May, 2017|
Developer: Grey Wolf Entertainment
Publisher: Iceberg Interactive
Genre: Indie, Strategy
Dawn of Andromeda
|Minimum Specifications |
OS: Win 7
|Recommended Specifications |
OS: Win 7 64
- Eras; unique scenarios, each with a pre-designed galaxy and background stories which you can play as one of the existing factions, each with their own victory conditions, traits, challenges and ongoing conflicts and relationships.
- Reduce micromanagement by appointing governors to your colonies and council members to your empire, all of whom can be levelled up. Each come with their own unique traits, happiness and experience.
- Explore, expand, exploit and exterminate in this real-time space strategy game, featuring real-time, non-instanced combat in a dynamic and ever-evolving galaxy.
- Multiple, customizable victory conditions and AI behaviors, changing how each faction operates and making for unpredictable friends and foes.
- Pre-designed, customizable and randomly generated races, each with their own unique backgrounds and traits.
- Explore ruins, anomalies and much more. You may even find artefacts you can study, projects you can start and come across interesting events and quests you can take on.
- New factions and characters can join the fray mid-game; artefacts, ruins, anomalies and a huge variety of fascinating elements are scattered throughout the galaxy and can yield new research opportunities and events. Various characters such as outlaws, merchants, travellers and others roam the galaxy.
- Research incredible technology, from weapons so powerful they can destroy an entire planet, to Dyson Spheres.
- Asymmetrical gameplay. Not all races discover space travel at the same time, some may have yet to discover it, some may have already built a mighty empire, and some races may be naturally stronger than others. However if you’d rather prefer a traditional 4X experience and start an entirely symmetrical game, it’s up to you.
- In-depth diplomacy system. Make allies and enemies, but beware, each action you take can change how the rest of the galaxy will view you. Destroying an entire planet, or just praising or denouncing another race, can have a deep impact on the balance of the entire galaxy.
- Accessible and fast paced gameplay, featuring a highly-intuitive User Interface.
Dawn of Andromeda Trailer
Dawn of Andromeda Review
Dawn of Andromeda is a pausable, real-time space 4X strategy game. Fast paced, fun and totally addictive as you play as one of the race Emperors, either one of the built in game ones, or make up your own in a custom way. With a Sins of a Solar Empire feel to it, with just a hint of the Stellaris planet control and its shipbuilding, they did a great job. The depth is good, but not to a point where it feels too complex. The politics and diplomacy are somewhat random each game. I particularly like the surveying and artefacts aspect of exploration. The random events are really great and relate to the characters' traits and how other empires feel about you. Overall this certainly is a promising game, reminded me of Sins of a Solar Empire, which can only be a good thing.