Central Pacific Railroad 4-4-0 No. 60 “Jupiter” in original colorful livery.
CPRR 4-4-0 No. 60 ‘Jupiter’ Steam Loco Add-On is an additional downloadable content to Train Simulator, made by Smokebox and published by Dovetail Games. Central Pacific No. 60, along with three sisters (“Storm,” “Whirlwind,” and “Leviathan”) were built by the Schenectady Locomotive Works in the summer of 1868. The wood-burning locomotives were designed for dual service, with 60-inch-diameter drivers and 16 x 24-inch cylinders and a total engine weight of 65,400 pounds. Following the historic events of May 1869, the Jupiter went on to a long career working for the Central Pacific and its successor, the Southern Pacific. It was on May 10, 1869 at Promontory, Utah that the “Golden Spike” ceremony made America one land, linked by rail from ocean to ocean. Facing each other on that historic day were two locomotives, Union Pacific 4-4-0 No. 119 and Central Pacific No. 60, the “Jupiter.”
Release Date: 10 May, 2017
Publisher: Dovetail Games
Genre: Simulation, Driving
Train Simulator: CPRR 4-4-0 No. 60 ‘Jupiter’ Steam Loco Add-On
This content requires the base game Train Simulator on Steam in order to play.
OS: Win 7
OS: Win 7 64
- Central Pacific Railroad 4-4-0 No. 60 “Jupiter” in original colorful livery
- 19th century track, structure, and scenery assets for route building
- Sister wood-burning CPRR locomotives “Storm,” “Whirlwind,” and “Leviathan”
- Fully-compatible with all modes of gameplay (simple as well as expert controls)
- Authentic controls and exacting “as built” operational and detail fidelity
- Authentic sounds recorded from the replica No. 17 “York”
- Baggage car; various styles of Emigrant coaches; and coach-caboose
- Model built from the same original engineering drawings as “Jupiter”
- Detailed passenger views
- Advanced locomotive physics including wheelslip that varies according to the track conditions
- Flat cars (with and without loads)
- Fully animated, including Stephenson valve gear, brass bell and tender truck brake rigging
Train Simulator: CPRR 4-4-0 No. 60 ‘Jupiter’ Steam Loco Add-On Trailer
Train Simulator: CPRR 4-4-0 No. 60 ‘Jupiter’ Steam Loco Add-On Review
Now, through the extraordinary craftsmanship of Smokebox, Central Pacific’s 4-4-0 Jupiter comes to life in Train Simulator! The Central Pacific Jupiter pack includes the historic Jupiter as well as sister locomotives Storm, Whirlwind, and Leviathan; authentic flat cars, baggage car, various styles of Emigrant coaches, and a coach-caboose with detailed passenger views; and a variety of new track and scenery assets designed to allow route builders to create their own 19th century railroad routes! As this engine was built in the 1800's it has no air or steam brakes, instead you must rely on your brakeman (activated via whistle), and using the reverser and throttle to reverse the direction of the wheels.